Walk Even as He did

Grayson forgot to send this out and asked me to send it.

This week I read this scripture in 1 John 2:6 that says "He that saith He abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked." I have thought a lot about this over the time on my mission. If I truly want to know my Lord and Savior I must too also pass through a fraction of what he went through. One time Jeffrey R. Holland, one of the 12 apostles, said, "But I do believe that there is something in this walk of salvation, this quest, that says we have to pay something for salvation. So I think when we´ve come to know the Savior, its when we´ve been out somewhere, at least in the borderlands of Gethsemane. The road to salvation always goes through Gethsemane, and it will always require a journey to the summit of Calvary." During this time on my mission, I have tried intensely each day to walk as He walked. I know that I will never be what He was. But I have strived to become more like Him. And I pray that the Lord has accepted my effort even as I work through trials, adversities, etc. 

This past week we were able to baptize Thiffane! She is the referral that we received from Dr. Rey. We are really excited for her. She has had lots of doubts, but we showed her how the Lord prepared her and how she was ready to take this step. I'm excited for what the future holds for her. She has lots of friends at church and lots of people to support her and help her continue on this path. 

Other than her, we have been working with a GREAT family! The dad is Marcos and the wife is Claudia. They have a daughter Mariá whose 6 and another named Manoela who is 16. They were able to go to the wards party this past weekend to celebrate São João and they had a great time. By the end of the night, Manoela was in the middle of all the youth making tons of friends. They love it every time we pass by to teach them and we have really connected really well with them. They are already married civilly (THANK YOU, FINALLY lol) so it will be much easier to help them be baptized. 

I love this work, love this mission, and love my Savior! Im grateful for all the chances and opportunities to learn and grow it has provided me.

Love you all! Hope y'all had a great 4th! Enjoy being in the best country on this planet and dont take it for granted all the beautiful things and rights we have as American citizens!

Elder G

pics- baptism, a chocolate covered strawberry kabob, and our homeade bench press😂





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!