I want this...
Holy cow this week was super super good. Me and my new comp elder Aguiar worked our butts off this week and we saw it pay off. I watched as we worked hard and left nothing behind, the Lord took away any of my problems or worries. This Sunday in church I was able to see it all come together.
We brought a 25 old or so guy named Junior to church. He seemed to be progressing well during the week. During the sacrament, I said a little prayer and asked more than anything that he could feel the spirit during this meeting. About 10 minutes later as one of the speakers was talking, he leaned over to me and said 3 words i dont think ill ever forget for the rest of my life. He simply said "Eu quero isto." or "I want this." I was absolutely blown away. He told me that whatever it was in this church that he had felt, he wanted it. He wanted to be baptized and study the Book of Mormon every day. I was sitting there trying to act tough for him, trying to hide the tears rolling down my face haha. In that moment, I felt a happiness that I cant describe and truly an answer to my prayers from this week. He pretty much told us we need to be at his house every day this week to study with him. We will set a date for baptism, but first he needs to get married which may delay a little. But its also a great thing that he will be able to bring his girlfriend into the gospel as well! Truly an experience I will never forget.
Elder G
The first pic is with Mafi, maybe my best friend on the mish. It doesnt look like it but he is the nicest guy and really took me under his wing when i first got here in Brazi. He's australian and his whole family are rugby players. he says he is the smallest in his family.
Comments
Post a Comment