Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!
this week our hot water/electricity stopped working exactly in the coldest week of the year hahah. But its mission memories so I was all down for it. When you get really hyped up its not even that cold. Hahah sometimes in my prayers I just ask the Lord for experiences. I dont specify the kind of experiences I want, but I know the mission is all about experiences so I've been able to have all kinds of experiences while here in Brazil. Thats what I love so much about the mission is you really never know what your day is gonna be like and who you will end of meeting, etc.
This week our focus was marking a date with Aldair. He has already been to church 3 times and had already accepted baptism, but we werent able to mark a specific date with him. When we went there on Wednesday, he was super firm in wanting to be baptized on this next sunday the 15th. We feel that he really was an elect from the Lord. He's a 55 year old man, he doesnt smoke, doesnt drink, doesnt drink coffee, and lives alone! He is really excited with the Book of Mormon as well and we are super happy with his progress. We were able to find a few families this week also who seem to be super interested and are looking for a religion. I havent felt my desire decline at all to keep this work going and I'm excited for the chances I'll have here towards the end of my mission. I love this work!
I came across a scripture in the Bible this week that I was able to send to all my recent converts cause it really expresses how I feel about them. Its in 1 Thessalonians 2:13,20. It says, "For this cause also athank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe... For ye are our glory and joy." I have loved to be able to get to know and teach every one of these people that are impacting me so much on my mission. They truly are my glory and joy. I'm so grateful that they were humble in being taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love you all! have a great week and enjoy the warm weather wherever you are! and hot showers!
Elder G
pics- out in the jungle of brazil


Comments
Post a Comment