My last Transfer!
Well, this past week I started my last transfer here on the mission. We got a new companion and we are gonna be in trio so I can train the next financial secretary. His name is Elder Sandberg. He's from Utah and he's a cool guy. I already knew him from when I was his zone leader like 9 months ago. But I'm excited to be able to train him and help him out in the office and in the field.
I feel like so much has happened in this week! Here is a miracle from our week: This past week we had the idea to send a text message to ALL of the people who were once taught by missionaries in our area looking to respark the interest of someone. We sent a message to a woman named Claudia who we were teaching about 2 months ago. We ended up not teaching her anymore cause she never went to church. But after all this time, something changed. She asked us why we had dissapeared haha and asked if we were gonna have church on Sunday. We told her yes and she ended up going with her 6 year old daughter! Her experience at church was amazing. She literally gleamed yesterday as she told us how she loved the meetings at church. I know she was able to feel the spirit very strongly, and I also felt the spirit as we taught her. She told us how she loved how the church focuses on how all the teachings of Christ can be APPLIED in our lives and not just repeat doctrine and verses in the bible that wont mean much to us. We were able to teach her husband and we will also teach her other daughter. She wants all them to go to church with her, so we are very excited about what will happen with this family. And all because of one text message we sent just to check up on her.
This past week I was able to finish in my studies the book "Jesus the Christ." Lol after many months, I finally conquered this like 600 page book. Its got a lot of doctrine in it so sometimes it can be a little difficult, but mostly I loved this book. As I study more about my Savior Jesus Christ, I feel like I'm truly getting to know him more. My mission president always tells us not to go home without knowing our Savior. I feel like through my studies, I have been able to truly know Jesus Christ and all that He has done for me.
Someone came to talk to us this week and said something very interesting I think we could all think about. He talked about this because a new president was elected here in Brazil this past year and its a popular topic right now. He told us that in the end, government, poliitcs, leaders, presidents, etc. wont do anything to help save this world from the trouble its in. The only thing that can really solve all of our problems is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If everyone in the world decided to accept and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, think about how many problems could be solved. I hope each day that I can do my small part in preaching this gospel to help make the world a better place.
Love you all! and see you all very soon.
Elder G
pics- the favela we taught in this week, the city, celebrating my comps bday with our recent converts, my dude Elder Aguiar who taught me so many things 18 months ago when I was a young, struggling missionary, and me and Elder Perigolo with our zone from 6 months ago, 9 MISSIONARIES from our zone are now Zone Leaders im such a PROUD DAD







Comments
Post a Comment