One more marriage in the books!

This morning we had the very special privilege to take Cristiano and Paulo to get married civilly. They have felt the truthfulness of the gospel in their hearts and have decided to follow this commandment and get married so they can be baptized. This past week we had a family home evening with them at Presidents house with his whole family. It was so fun to be together as a group and talk about how the gospel has blessed each one of our lives. So President is a stud and invited Cristiano to be baptized together with Paula and he told us that he was "still thinking about it". We were a little bummed but with high hopes. Today at the marriage place, Paula told us that he had started telling his family that he was gonna be baptized too! haha so we are pretty sure it will all work out. It will certainly be an unforgettable day. He's always surprising us like that. Sometimes he'll just grab the Book of Mormon and talk about something he was studying haha. 

Our President has talked a lot with us lately about "going to the mountain daily". In the Book of Mormon, we read lots of times about how Nephi goes up to the mountains to pray and receive orientation. He has taught us that while we go to the mountain daily, we must be specific with the Lord. We always ask investigators "If you go to the doctor and he asks whats wrong, you're not just gonna say 'I'm hurting.'". If we tell the doctor exactly how we are feeling, he's gonna be able to much better help us out. Its the same thing with the Lord. We must be specific with him and spill out our hearts to him. We must be specific when we thank him for things and we must be specific when we talk about our deepest desires. I have been trying to apply that in my daily prayers. I know the Lord is listening and wants to help us, but we must let him know what we are needing first. I invite y'all to do the same thing, because I know how it will strengthen your relationship with Him.

This week I listened to a super dope song that I wanted to share with you guys. Its called Hills and Valleys and he talks about how God is God whether we are on top of the hills or in the valleys. I love when he says, "When I'm standing on the mountain, I didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley, I know I am not alone". I know I serve a Lord who is a there for us wherever we are in this life. I have felt his help lifting me to the times where I felt like I was on top of the world, and I have felt his hand picking me up at times when I am in the valleys. 

Love you all! Have a great week!
Elder G

pics-  favela, wedding today, pondering about life lol, family home evening, and a really good fruit here called "goiaba"







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

The Lord prepares his elects for this work!! Baptism of Gilmara and Aline!!