Lots of Changes on the Mission...
What a crazy week its been here in the mission office. Yesterday, we had a meeting with Salt Lake City pretty much to get into the transition of making South American missions like United States missions haha. So like I said earlier, our mission was selected to be a pilot project for having smartphones, etc. in South America. This past week the project was approved and they are gonna start going through with other missions as well. And even more than that, we are gonna have Facebook, data on our phones, and other things that will help hasten the work to colligate Israel. Its been pretty crazy trying to get this all set up with President, so I'm pretty exhausted this week.
I love the Lord. I love this Gospel. And I love this mission.
I dont have a ton to report on this week. We have continued working a lot with our current teaching group and its been going well. Paula and Cristiano have their wedding this next wednesday that we are pumped for! The time has been a little short in our area just cause of so much stuff we are involved in. It can get frustrating at times, but you just gotta think that there is a purpose in all this and that the Lord will continue to guide us to His elects. I'm also super grateful for my experiences here in the office and the things I've been able to learn. I've been able to learn so much from President and his wife and the other missionaries here. I feel like I've been able to help the mission in many ways and help keep sacred the funds of the church that so many people sacrifice so much to give. Its been a crazy experience so far here.
I listened to a great talk this week that my mom suggested that blew me away. Its by Lawrence Corbridge and it talks about how we as members of the church need to have testimonies of the simple questions (Does God know me? Was Joseph Smith a prophet of God? Was the Church of Jesus Christ restored in these latter days?). But then he says that if we have the answers to these questions, the secondary questions (the word of wisdom, the law of tithing, who Joseph Smith was/wasnt) wont necessarily have the same "weight" as the primary questions. Its sad to see people struggle in the church cause of little things when they know that the church itself is true. He said that he does have questions, but he doesnt have doubts cause he knows God is the best source of knowledge and he can continually receive answers from Him. I'm a witness that God answers our prayers throught the Holy Ghost, and through the HG I have received many answers that I know this Gospel is true. I couldn't ever walk away from that answer knowing it was God that gave it to me. That is the most important part. Here is the talk if y'all wanna watch.
I love the Lord. I love this Gospel. And I love this mission.
and I love you all! Hope you have a great week!
Elder G
Pics- my home in the mission office, teaching our boy Komba from Sierra Leone who only speaks English but is a stud, eating açai with a member, and the 2 liters of açai i bought....O LOUCO TIO





Comments
Post a Comment