Fruits of Thy Labor
Nothing makes me happier in this life than seeing someone who I have helped here in Brazil continue to progress on the gospel path. This week I have received lots of great news of converts from my mission. I have been able to follow up a lot with the couple Rafael and Pamela that I baptized in the middle of my mission. They are doing so well. Certainly, they have plenty of difficulties, but I've been able to help them progress to get temple recommends so that one day they can be sealed as a family with their 4 kids. Also, another woman I helped in my last area will be going to the temple tomorrow and also receiving her patriarchal blessing! If there has been one thing that has constantly been in my prayers as a missionary, its that I could be able to see the fruits of my labor as I go forth with my mission and with my life. I thank the Lord each day for blessing me with the chance to meet these people and learn so much from them and be humbled as a person.
This week we worked with Marcos and Kenya. We taught them about the authority that finds itself in the Church of Jesus Christ today that is also cited in Matthew 16:19 "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven". We testified that these keys are still on the earth and with these keys we are able to perform ordinances like baptism, receiving of the Holy Ghost, temple sealings, etc. It was a super powerful lesson and they seem to be really searching for the truth.
It seems that we have a baptism set for this weekend. It is a little girl named Graziela. Her mom was baptized in Paraguay and was inactive in the church until recently. But as she has been coming back we have gotten to know how special Graziela really is. She has been great motivation for her whole family to be going to church every Sunday. Her mom said she is always up early on Sunday to get ready. She has really good friends in our ward and its so cute to watch them run up to each other after sacrament meeting and hug eachother. hahah. Her dad has even gotten really excited for her baptism and has been coming to church a few times.
This week I was reading in Romans and reread on of my favorite chapters in the whole Bible. Its Romans 8. I recommend that yall read it. One of my favorite verses is when it says "32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" This scripture has such a strong meaning to me as I know how much even God has given up for each one of us. He sent his Beloved Son and delivered Him in the hands of the wicked to be able to perform a perfect sacrifice for us. It also talks about how absolutely NOTHING can seperate us from the love of Christ. I've learned on my mission that trials arent something to seperate from Christ or God, but something that He gives us to make us stronger and rely on His strength. And the fact that he sends his Spirit, is a sign that He wants to remind us frequently of how much he Loves us and is looking over us. I know he looks over all of you and I hope all of you feel that.
I love the Savior. I love His gospel. I love this mission!
Have a great week!
Elder G
pics- my comp did 1 year this week! We bought pizzas and ate on the roof to celebrate

Comments
Post a Comment