Brazillian Celebrities at Church
Sorry for not writing last week! Its been two eventful weeks so ill try to get everything in here.
First of all, some great news! This week we were able to bring 8 people to church. We brought Paula and Cristiano who are a couple who are super interested in the church. Paula had already been 2 times, but she brought her "husband" this week and it was so great. They arent married actually (just live together for 17 years), but we will work on this with them. Paula has already received her answer! We had a great experience with her this saturday at a baptism the sisters had in our ward. She had tons of studying to do, but decided to go anyway. The spirit was very very well present in the baptism. An irmã gave a message before the baptism that could be perfectly applied in Paula's life. Then afterwards, me and my comp and the two sisters sang that primary song "i like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain..." (When I am Baptized). Paula was teary eyed in the end of the song, and when we dropped her back off at home after she simply told us that going to the baptism was way worth it. We are really excited to work with this couple. There's nothing I love doing more than helping families come to the gospel of Jesus Christ, so im pretty pumped.
We also had a crazy sunday last sunday to say the least. This famous member of the church (Dr. Robert Rey) who was born in São Paulo, but raised in the U.S. came to our ward. There is a girl that runs his instagram, social medias, etc. who was interested in the church and he brought her with him. The Brazilians in my ward kinda freaked out it was funny. I didnt even know who he was lol but i guess he is a super famous plastic surgeon who has done TV shows and stuff. He came up to me after the meeting and started talking with me in English and we are buds now lol. He gave me his number and told me he wanted me to text him to talk more about this girl and stuff. But pretty much this girl Tiffany is an elect. She came to church this week again and was at our Family Home Evening yesterday. She told her story of how she has received a testimony and how she was so well accepted at church. Dr. Rey is kinda coming back to the church recently so he wants me to baptize her. We are planning out the next time that he will be here in Brazil, and we will baptize her.
Time is flying by here. Im loving my mission just as much as ever. I cant believe it, the months are winding down. Its such a weird feeling. Im wanting more than ever to take advantage of this little time i have left. I have lots of goals to finish off my mission on fire. I know that I can always do better and sacrifice a little bit more of myself for my Savior Jesus Christ who sacrificed everything for me. It doesnt hurt the fact that I love the work I do and nothing in this world brings me more happiness. I have such a strong testimony of the truthfulness of this church. I know this not because "someone" told me or i believed in someone, but because the 3rd person of the TRINITY (the Holy Ghost) has made it manifest to me time and time again. Thats the strongest testimony that a person could have. I love you all! And I sure do miss y'all!
Love,
Elder G
pics- me and this sick irmã from Rio de Janeiro on the piano (after so much time on the mission, my piano talents are still tough), photos from the temple, the STRONGEST STAFF in the world, photo with Dr. Rey, and us with Paula (rocking sisters' glasses)
Comments
Post a Comment