"And do it fast. Time is running out..."
I loved this quote from President Nelson during general conference this weekend. It really shows how important it is to not procrastinate our repentance and shows that truly today is the day we need to execute our labors here on earth. Its one of the things I have grown to have such a strong testimony of during the mission.
I'd like to share some of my favorite parts and quotes with you guys.
- I love when Becky Craven asked us how are we "marking ourselves" to show that we are disciples of JC. How will people know through the way we live who we are?
- Neil L. Anderson quoted 6:68 when Simon Peter said "To whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life." What else could we put in front of the Lord if he has the recipe for us to return back to our heavenly home?
- Sharon Eubank said "No, it isn't logical, but nevertheless, its true." talking about the Lords atonement. I loved that because sometimes its so hard to understand how truly well the Lord knows us, but the best news is that its true! He really did suffer for all our sins and make the path to eternal life with our family possible.
Im so happy to see the Lord has impressed on the minds of his prophet and apostles of the importance for members to focus on our covenants. If we are fulfilling our covenants, there really isnt much else we need to worry about. They have invited all to take on the responsibility of these covenants and walk down the path of baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and then to other priesthood and temple covenants include the sealing of our families for time and eternity in the temple.
This week we are really getting on a roll. We have a great teaching group. Currently we are teaching 4 full families or couples. That is an incredible feeling. Lots of these people were able to watch conference with us and understand that the Lord has again called prophets and apostles to lead his church in this day. Paula and Cristiano are still doing great. We plan on taking them to the visitors center next to the São Paulo temple this sunday and then if all works out we will be going to the registry on Monday to mark their marriage day!!!! We also have a pretty firm baptism for this Sunday. Her name is Paula as well. We found her about 3 weeks ago knocking doors. We saw her brother on the porch and started talking to him, but he wasnt that interested. Meanwhile, she was inside the house and we saw her get up and come out to talk to us. She said "I'm Christian, you guys can talk to me." So we were able to teach her that day. Since then, we have been able to provide lots of answers for her in respect to the Plan of Salvation and what will happen to us after this life. It has been a great experience and we are way excited for this Sunday for her to start making these covenants with the Lord and be blessed for it.
I love you all! I hope you guys are all doing well and I love hearing from you guys as well and how things are at home. You guys are the best support for me!
Love,
Elder G
Comments
Post a Comment