The Brazil Sun

The daily routine in Brazil is continuing. You leave in the morning and the sun literally hurts you, then at 3 o clock rain comes down so hard that it floods the city. This past week, there was a flood up to knee level in some houses.😮 

Besides the rain, this week was finally a little more chill and we were able to work a lot in our area. We found some great new people who are so humble and accepting of our message. We have worked a lot with Daniella who was at church last week. On Monday night we visited her and invited her to be baptized. Her reaction was so surprising to us we almost laughed. She just said "Yeah, what do I need to bring to my baptism?" We were so happy seeing her willingness.

She even talked about a cool experience she had in church on Sunday. This guy went up and gave a talk and started talking about how much his family has rejected/neglected him since becoming a member of the church. It was one of those moments I felt really worried for the people visiting the church hearing that. I felt like it would make those people think twice. But turns out the Lord knew exactly what he was doing. She left the church that day and called her mom to tell her about it. Her mom didn't take it too well saying "You must be lost." She felt strength after hearing that talk and is ready to face whatever she needs to to join the Church of Jesus Christ. I know sometimes even when I don't understand the reason for something, God always has one. 

Love you all!
Elder G





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!