The Lord prepares his elects for this work!! Baptism of Gilmara and Aline!!
What a week! The crazyness hasnt stopped and i dont think it will. But my first real week here in Perus was great. We baptized Gilmara and Aline yesterday! I cant describe the feelings i have when i see the happiness on the faces of people who are coming unto Christ. The baptism was definitely a memorable one.
Also I have an incredible experience from a splits I went on this week with another missionary in a sick area here on the mission. Its one of the missions literally in the mountains and forest. It reminds me of Colorado and made me miss my Jeep lol. But in the morning we were going after a few addresses of people that were contacted a while back. We werent having any success and I was feeling a little down and questioning why we were going after these people, but i went anyway. In the last door we knocked at, a man came out and immediately opened the gate for us and told us to come in. He told us that he and his wife had passed by the church just 30 minutes before and had become curious and then we were there at their door! He said that they were talking a lot about their family and what would happen with them after death. ELECTS!!! We taught a very inspired lesson and invited them to be baptized. They accepted, went to church this week, and are progressing strongly for the 25th. My hopes are to be able to return and baptize one of them in the river (one of the only clean ones that exist in sao paulo). Whatever happens, what an experience that was.
Im so happy here and out of time! I love you guys!
Elder G
pics- the favela is my area, the mountains are the area i wen to haha and then elder Palmieri
Comments
Post a Comment