I'm Gonna Finally Relearn English
Well big news from this week is that I was emergency transferred to an area called Perus. Its still here in the capital technically. My new companion is Elder Packer (my FIRST AMERICAN companion!!) SO for this reason I will finally be able to relearn English. This first week I have really seen how bad my English has gotten haha. But im not too worried about it. My new area is a great area and I know we will have lots of success. Im excited to lead another zone and get to know more of these missionaries.
Yesterday we truly had a miracle Sunday. The results at church werent the greatest because we only worked in our area a couple days this week, but after church we went to work again and were blessed. We received an elect referal and went to visit them. Turns out the mom and her daughter were being taught by 2 sisters in another area in sao paulo. The first thing she told us is that she wished we could have found them on Saturday so they could have gone to church on Sunday. But anyways, they are elites!!! We are hoping to baptize them both this next Sunday. We also found another woman Daniella who was seriously so interested in our message. I had never seen someone so focused in a lesson. It was awesome and she also accepted our help to be baptized. I know the Lord sees our efforts and know he will bless me in this new area as I put my best work in to bring more of God´s children unto him.
I started the New Testament this week and was really impressed with a few verses when Jesus was calling his disciples. He called them from the fishing boats and it says that the disciples "straightway left their nets, and followed him" and "immediately left the ship". That hit me pretty hard. Are we really leaving everything at the side to follow Jesus "immediately"? I was so impressed with their reaction and hope I can do the same thing as a representative of Christ.
Elder G
pics- Christmas conference, saying goodbye to everyone, and people from my old ward surprised me and visited me in my new ward this week
Comments
Post a Comment