Baptism of Claudio!

This week we had a ton of cool experiences and the Lord is really blessing us because of our efforts. We are throwing our trust in him as we move to a different focus area and leave the current one where missionaries have always worked. 

Claudio when I arrived here had already been an investigator for a while. In my first lesson with him, I taught him simply about the promise of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands after his baptism in water. I felt that really caught his attention, but felt that he didn't feel worthy of the Holy Ghost. I felt inspired to do something different with him. Instead of being baptized on a Sunday and waiting a whole week to receive the Holy Ghost, I told him that we wanted to baptize him on Saturday night and already the next morning he would receive the Holy Ghost. I knew it would help him knowing he has the Holy Ghost with him during the week as he recently has stopped drinking alcohol. Turns out the promise worked, he accepted, and said he has felt great after this weekend! I really feel like the Lord used me in that moment and put exactly the words and the promise he needed in my mouth. It testified to me a lot that I as a missionary can be inspired to say what the Lord wants to me to say to each person. 

One day we were walking down a hill (thats all there is here...lol my legs are sore) and we heard a voice saying "HI, HELLO, HOW ARE YOU?" in horrible English lol. But thats like an hourly occurance with an American companion, so we kinda just kept walking. But then we heard "I want to talk to you about your religion." Then we hit the brakes and turned around and met Vanilda. She goes to the US like two times a year and speaks decent English. She asked us a ton of questions about the Church of Jesus Christ and said she loved the way we taught the Lords doctrine and doesnt like the way "mankind" has changed that doctrine over time. She invited us to eat lunch with her today and we were able to teach her. She already got another lady to work for her in her restaurant on Sunday so she can go to church! 
THE ELECTS ARE WAITING FOR THIS MESSAGE! 

pics- our baptism from last week and this week, my comp looking for snakes, and the process of moving in Brazil hahah




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!