Horse Carriages in the Favela
Another day, anotha dolla (well real) in BRAZIL.
I'll start with a funny thing that I always forget to mention. So the drug dealers here have a tendency to buy horses and then ride around in carriages with sound systems. hahah i honestly couldnt tell you why, but i think they wanna stand out so bad they do crazy stuff like that. I love when we are working and out of nowhere you just start to hear horse hooves running down the street lol.
We continued working with Alfredo this week. Honestly, we thought he was kinda ignoring us, but we showed up at his house on Saturday and we taught a super super spiritual and cool lesson. We explained to him why he needed to be baptized again by the right authority. He told us he was praying about everything that we had taught him and felt like he received an answer. I kinda got a little nervous not knowing what he would say, but then he started talking about how big his testimony had become of the Plan of Salvation and how he knew that that plan was absolutely true. He started to tear up and the spirit was SO STRONG. What an experience that was. He is still looking for a little more certainty, but i see his baptism happening sometime soon.
We also invited a couple that will be married on Saturday to be baptized. I loved being able to invite them. It was such a powerful experience for me and I really felt like the Lord was using me as a tool in His hands in that moment. We are way excited with their progress. We explained to the husband about the same authority that JC had is on the earth today and he really became super interested. We are way excited for one more marriage and for the chance they'll have coming up to receive an answer about this gospel.
Hope you all have a great week!
Love
Elder G
pics- zoom in and youll see the favela sewage system...it all just goes into the river...
, i hooked up my recent convert amanda up with some t swift cause shes a huge fan, and me and one of my 100 brazil shirts
Comments
Post a Comment