Baptisms of Sara and Cristina

Well transfers came in today and I'm gonna stay another one here in Parada Pinto! Haha i have 3 areas on the mission only, but I'm way cool with it, this area is pretty great and the people are really receptive. I'll stay with Elder Perigolo as well.

This week we were able to baptize 2 great people, Sara and Cristina! I'm way proud of both of them. They were both excited on Sunday and we really just had a happy, joyful day. They are both gonna be so strong in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! And im happy i get to stay a little longer to take care of my recent converts here as well!

This week we are gonna work with Alfredo! He is a stud who accepted a baptismal date for this Sunday! I know he has a few doubts still, but he has been to church 3 weeks straight and is way integrated in the ward. We even have a ward Christmas dinner this Saturday which we are way excited about! Hahah I hope they are prepared cause we are gonna bring like 25 people we are teaching. 

This week one of our District Leaders said something super interesting. He said that God and Jesus Christ could really do all this missionary work alone if they wanted to. It would be really easy for them actually. BUT...instead they gave young women and men like me to do it instead. Im so glad for that. I dont know what I would do if I wasnt on this mission. Im glad that I get to have these special experiences to keep for the rest of my life and meet some amazing people I'll never forget. 

Today we ate more Pizza Hut and received the transfer all together as a zone! It was super fun to be with all the guys in our zone and just have a good time. But im too excited about another week of work coming up!

Saudades de vocês!! Amo vocês!
Elder Gurksnis

pics- jeep grand cherokee baby!!, a family i helped baptize 2 kids from this family in Freguesia at the beginning of my mission!, Gabriel Jesus!!, and the baptisms!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!