One more WEDDING! I'm Loving Brazil!
Dont have too much time this week, but I wanted to start off and thank you guys for the birthday wishes! I am so grateful to have so much support from family and friends on the mission. I truly am lucky and I know it would be much harder without. My birthday was awesome! I was fed soooo great at lunch with my favorite food and cake by some awesome recent converts! And then we topped off the night at the pizza buffet with some members, recent converts, and even the assistants haha.
This week we were able to go to the registry and mark another marriage!! ONLY MIRACLES!! hahah honestly we havent firmed up this baptism of this couple yet, but we figured we would do a good thing by marrying them either way. But the woman went to church this week and really enjoyed it. Their names are Manoel and Cyntia and they are so receptive of us and love the messages we have of the restored gospel. Right now I can say I am FOCUSED on FAMILIES! I have seen the way this gospel blesses families and I want every family here to feel these blessings.
We have also certainly had our fair share of difficulties this week and with the companion change. But we are gonna truck along. Gordon B. Hinckley once said "Thos who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out." I feel that in my area right now. We have found some great people and I look forward to preparing them for baptism!
I read in Helamen 5:12 this week and was reminded of this great scripture. I know that when each and every one of us bases our testimonies on the Savior Jesus Christ, we can never be shaken by whatever this life throws at us. I am grateful for this mission for giving me the opportunity to have that testimony.
And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the arock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your bfoundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds... it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
Have a great week!
pics- marking the wedding, bday lunch, and pizzaaa
Comments
Post a Comment