Upcoming Marriage

Well this week was crazy busy, but we ended up having some good success. I felt a sincere answer to my prayers on Monday night. We were a little worried about Alessandra and Lucianno and wanted to firm up their baptism. I was praying/sweating during the lesson thinking about what I would say to them in the end. I started to talk about how their marriage would help them obey a commandment from God. Out of nowhere she goes "Oh, is our baptism gonna be on Saturday night?" I felt the spirit so strong in that moment and feel like the Lord was just telling me "I got this one." They are all set for baptism this Saturday!!!! It's gonna be a super special day. Since then, they have been doing sooo great. They talk about raising their family in this Gospel, sealing in the temple, and even serving a couples mission! I am so extremely proud of them and don't know how I was blessed with such great people to help on my mission. 

This week, we headed up to the Campinas on a fancy bus to see the sealing of a recent convert of my comp Elder Rodrigues. Goodness that was super special. It was the first sealing that I have ever witnessed in the temple. Seeing the couple and their 2 kids all dressed up in white was so special to me. I got emotional as it reminded me of my parents who did this 25 years ago. I am so grateful for the authority that was restored to this earth to help families be forever!

Can I just say I LOVE OUR STAKE PRESIDENT HERE. He is the coolest man and he is such a great example to me. The way he sacrifices his time and other things for the gospel is such a cool thing. He's also hilarious lol. When we were about to sing the last hymn in our sacrament meeting this week, he stands up and says "I think I'm gonna bear my testimony too." Lol he talked about how well the missionary work was going in this ward and how happy he was to see the fruits in the church from the past few months. It was super spiritual and a happy moment. 

Transfers next week. Idk what will happen but I'd really love to stay here in Parada Pinto one more transfer. 

Love y'all. Hope you are all doing so great and remembering to look for the Lord's hand in your lives. 
Elder G

pics-  what $7 gets you lol, bus ride to campinas, temple, and the family






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!