Baptism of Wesley, Natalia, Sarah, and Maria!

Oh what a week! We were able to baptize 4 people this week! Maria is the daughter of a less active that was baptized over 25 years ago! She is super awesome and a really special girl who has a desire to choose the right in the mids of a struggling family. Wesley, Natalia, and Sarah are brothers/sisters/cousins who have been coming to the English Class for a while now. We went to their house and they have been super receptive about the idea of being baptized in the Lord's restored church. The elders that interviewed all them said they were super impressed with the knowledge they had of the gospel already. It was a very happy moment to help them get on this right path. They all are around 12 years old, so we will already start helping Wesley receive the Priesthood and become a Deacon and the rest get into the young womens program! 

In other news I loved General Conference this weekend! I am more and more impressed with President Nelson every time he talks. He truly is an inspired man who has the knowledge we need to lead us through these latter days. That is a testimony that I surely have. I loved many of the talks that talked about how both the church and our personal testimony are like a combination of several small things that link together to make something stronger. I loved Elder Sores' talk about recent converts. This dude from São Paulo has visionnnn!!

 I AM SOOOO HAPPY THAT MY BEST BUD ELDER OPFAR IS GONNA GET A TEMPLE FOR HIS PEOPLE OUT IN SALVADOR! I was watching the conference in English and when he announced the temple I was literally screaming and 2 women came in thinking I had hurt myself or something hahah. I'm so happy that more people here in Brazil will have the opportunity to enjoy temple blessings somewhere much closer to home. 

I invite you all to stick to the "covenant path" that was talked about so much this weekend. That is through baptism (and our weekly renewal at church every week during the sacrament), the receiving of the Holy Ghost, the Priesthood ordinances, and all the ordinances we do in the temple. I know this is the recipe to true happiness in our lives and to eternal families. 

I love you all! Bday shoutout to the bro SAM! 
Elder G

pics- my first baptism on the mission, Carlos, married a returned missionary and IS GONNA GET MARRIED IN THE TEMPLE SOON!, baptism, and a bbq to end off the week





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!