Their burdens were made light
Another week out on the grind. Our goal this week was to do 20 contacts every day and Elder Ballard promised us that we would be blessed and see our teaching groups grow. We have totally seen that promise come true! We met lots of great people this week. Even one (its crazy this has happened a couple times on my mission) where she said she was praying literally THAT DAY to find a new path in her life. Its crazy how the Lord prepares His children for our message.
But certainly like there always are, we faced some trials this week. We had a tough time following up with these new people that we found and on Sunday we didnt see the results we wanted in church. Its tough to see cause as a missionary, I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ will help peoples lives. But the IF is that they have to allow it to affect their lives. Just gotta trust in the time and plan of God for His children.
Something cool we got to do this week is as Zone Leaders we are meeting with the stake president here to talk about missionary work and members and how these two things can mix better. It was a cool meeting and I definitely learned a lot.
I wanted to share a scripture from the Book of Mormon this week in Mosiah 24:15. " 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."
I noticed something super interesting here this week. It doesn't say that the Lord took away their burdens with a snap of a finger or that he made their weight light, but it says that He did strengthen Alma SO THAT their burdens seemed lighter. Im so grateful for this and have seen the Lord work in my life in the same way. Instead of Him take away many of my trials I have seen him strengthen me, so i can better face my trials. I face trials right now that months or years ago I wouldnt have been strong enough to face. I challenge y'all instead of asking the Lord to take away a trial to make you stronger to better face that trial!
Love you all!
Elder G
sorry for the lack of pics this week. I just have one from our English class that is still growing like crazy. WE HAD 80 PEOPLE THERE ON WEDNESDAY LOL. Like 6 or 7 new people come every class who are also interested about the Gospel its so great.
Comments
Post a Comment