A new Comp and another Marriage
Well this week I got my new comp who is Elder Rodrigues! He is a Brazilian, but from the south which is a little different from here. So I'm at 6 companions now, all brazilians, all from different states haha. But he is a cool guy. He is a little shy but I feel like we fit each other well and have been able to teach a few really great lessons. We are happy with our work here and ready to get lots done this transfer.
This week we were on Cloud 9 when we taught Lucianno and Alessandra. We were about to talk to them about marriage and how it is a commandmant of God, when they started to say stuff like, "If we want to be baptized, do we have to be married?" hahah it was so great and we explained it all to them and they are super down to get married and baptized! We need to finalize the details tonight, but we will try to get to the place that marks marriages here in the next week or two and pray they have a spot open during this transfer. They are truly amazing people. They both shared their testimony to us on how they knew the church was true. Alessandra's was really touching when she talked about just the way me and Elder Rodrigues carried ourselves and are so happy was a sign to her that what we were saying was true. When we have conversion and understanding of this gospel, we can always be happy bringing others to it! It was a huge compliment to us and a reminder to constantly find happiness on the mission. Families and couples are soooo crucial here in Brazil in the church so im pretty dang happy with them for now. Im excited for the potential they have and the learning we will all do this week! We are honestly teaching a couple of great families right now and are super excited for another week of work.
Our president said something really awesome this week that I think anyone can apply. He was talking about the difference between "good" missionaries and "excellent" missionaries. He said "excellent" missionaries will see opportunities in the midst of adversities. I have been trying to apply that in my day to day here. I know some of the best people I have found on my mission have been in the middle of a tough day. I know the Lord looks after each and every one of us and loves us enough that he wants to help us grow and prosper.
Love you all! Thank you for the support, I am a lucky missionary!
Elder G
pics- so the area with the biggest favela in our mission has been closed for over a year now and this was the reaction of everyone when it opened up this transfer....hahah everyone was pretty happy
Comments
Post a Comment