Yo! Back out here in Sao Paulo!

So....I went to talk with President last Tuesday and was told I was being transferred here to an area called Parada Pinto as a Zone Leader! I was super pumped. So pretty much this means that instead of taking care of 2 companionships, me and my comp take care of 8 or 9. I was super humbled by the call and know there are things I will learn here because of it. I am with Elder Hequer. He is a cool guy. 26 years old, born here in Brasil but lives in Portugal, and was baptized only 1 year before his mission! He is super knowledgable and ive loved the chance to teach with him. We have lots of work to do here in this area and am excited to tackle it with him.

This week we had meetings and stuff but were still able to get out in the favelinha and work a little bit. It is totally different here than my last area, but im getting used to it. SO many people in the streets. We were able to find a cool RECENTLY MARRIED couple (of 2 months) this week and they liked church yesterday. Something tells me they were being prepared for us these past couple months. We'll see what we can do with them this week! There are soooo many teens in this ward and we are also working with a friend of a member for this week named Alline. 

This week I have thought a lot about sacrifice. I know everything about a mission is about sacrifice. Sometimes i get selfish and think about my wants and needs, but then im always reminded that Im here to serve Gods children. I know each sacrifice I make is seen by the Lord. And I know He will want to bless me for making these sacrifices. I love being able to find happiness in these sacrifices and in serving these people. 

Hope to have some more details and good news for y'all next week!
Love you all and hope all is well back home.
Elder G



pics- mountains (hills kinda), the new comp, and some awesome recent converts here!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!