I saw a light!
Well I'll start with a funny story from this week. So it was 6:29AM in the morning and our alarm went off. Literally as i was in the process of waking up my eyes saw this huge bursting of light and i thought it was like something outside that happened. I got up super fast and the only words i could get out of my mouth to my companion was "I saw a light!" (in Portuguese). Turns out that when I went to turn the bathroom light on our power was out again. So im almost positive when i woke up i saw the light in our room burst as our power went out. But being Mormon missionaries, some of you can probably imagine the laugh we got out of it for what i said.
This week has been a continuation of preparing a good amount of people for their baptismal dates. Its exciting the possibilities we have! I know God will prepare the right people for us in His time. We have really good friendships with our investigators which is super great because you gain a trust from them that you need to help them make these covenants. This week I believe we will have a miracle! So the daughter of a recent convert is coming into town this weekend and is wanting to be baptized. Two weeks ago she was already here and we taught her a couple things. She got super excited now and is already returning from another state to be baptized. It will be a hectic week preparing her but for sure a special moment for her and her dad at the end of it.
This week we also did a service project in Pamela and Rafael's house. We were able to put a few walls up and put a roof over their 3rd room so they can finally sleep there and not have to sleep with the 4 kids in the same room. It was super special to see the members want to help them out. So grateful to have members of this church in every corner of this earth that are willing to serve one another, knowing that they are in the service of their God. P/R are super super strong and continually preparing for their sealing in the temple. Richardy, their oldest son, will also be baptized in the next two weeks!
Love you all!
Elder G
pics and vids from the service project, pics with carol and joão and at her daughters bday party that we were invited to, and a sunday full of dessert
Comments
Post a Comment