He Cried!!!

Well the experiences we had with Pamela and Rafael and their family were inexplainable this week. I couldnt ever describe the feelings that were shared and the specialness of this family. The "legal" part of the wedding went well on wednesday and i even got to be a witness and sign the wedding papers haha. The part that was the most special was the ceremony and baptism that our ward did for them on saturday. Even though our goal was 30 people, almost 70 showed up to the baptism!! During the wedding ceremony in the church, Pamela walked down the aisle to Perfect by Ed Sheeran (talk about trunky lol). Good thing Im immune to the trunkyness😋. Rafael was wiping tears from his eyes and i couldnt decide if i wanted to cry or laugh. What a special moment for their family. Afterwards I was able to baptize Pamela and confirm Rafael on sunday. When I was a little kid and I heard people talk about missions I always imagined what I was able to witness this week. The picture in the baptismal clothes almost gives me a flashback to something I knew I should do even when i was little. 

Im so grateful for this family and truly feel like I was sent here to help them and vice versa. Even in our ward council this week, the leaders of our ward were talking about how much potencial they have in the gospel. They have 4 kids that they have already talked about all them serving missions! Richardy will be baptized here in a couple weeks when he turns 8. During Pamela's interview, Rafael kinda let it all out to me and talked about how much he has changed since we met them a couple months ago. He said he has seen the impact that the gospel brings in his life and in the lives of his family. It was a super cool moment with him. 

Other than that, we were able to bring 3 other awesome people to church this week. We will see how it turns out here in the last week of the transfer. I feel great about having trained Elder Jairo. I feel that he will be a great missionary. He is my favorite comp so far on the mish and we are really great friends. 

I have loved to see the slow, but steady progress that the Lord provides in our lives when we turn our lives to him. I have seen it happen in my life here and also in the lives of the people I teach. What a powerful impact He can have with our best, yet always shortfalling efforts.

Presidente deixou!!! We get to watch the Brazil games in the World Cup!!! im glad he understands that no one will be intersted in anything during Brazil's games and knocking doors would put us in danger lol

Sorry long email this week, but definitely a week not to forget about. 

What a blessing it is to do what im doing.

Elder G

*when you forget your baptism pants at home so you use the clothes (capris) that the church has meant for 5'8 Brazilians* lol

in the video its hard to see Rafael, but when she walks in you can see him wiping the tears from his face😇 

if you cant see the pics just let me know and ill send them next week









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!