Short Transfer
So this was a quick 5 week, weird transfer and as expected I will stay here in Jardim Simus to finish out the training of Elder Jairo. We are getting along super well and im really enjoying the time here. The cool news is I'm a District Leader now. It pretty much means that I'm the leader of a couple companionships nearby, will give a training every week, and have the opportunity to do baptismal interviews now! Im once again humbled and know that I'm a weak missionary without the constant relying on my Heavenly Father. I know with his help i can really improve every day here and be more in tune with the Spirit.
So literally every one of our main investigators got sent to the hospital here this week. Its been kinda crazy but I think everyone is recovering now. But the greatest news is our couple Pamela and Rafael were at church this week with their 4 KIDS (very rare here). They seriously enjoyed church and already are talking about how they will raise their kids in the church. But now the BIG challenge is to get them married. So here in Brazil most people dont get married "on paper" cause its usually something they cant afford. Its a really tough thing to do as a missionary here but we are ready to take on the challenge. The key is really to use the ward as a help. Me and my companion were already freaking out imagining if everything works out right we will be able to go to their sealing in the temple in a year! Its literally one of my dreams on the mission. I have been praying so much and ask if you guys could pray for this couple too. It would have a big impact on 6 people!
My comp said something I really liked this week. He asked an investigator, "Do you think I can move mountains with my faith?...Of course I can, Im gonna head over to that mountain every day with a shovel and start moving it one dig at a time." Been something Ive been able to think a lot about lately.
Love y'all!
Elder G
I GET TO TALK TO MY MOMMA IN A WEEK! Big shoutout to her for her birthday and for mothers day
pics- BK grind
haha i swear there is a fire in our area once a day
transfer planner
chocolate filled churro...
Comments
Post a Comment