I may not be capable but God is.

So this week I was able to attend the Leadership Meeting for the mission. I learned a ton and especially loved the phrase that was said "I may not be capable, but God is." There will be many times in our lives when we dont feel like we can do everything that is asked of us. God can wipe away our weaknesses and make us strong with His hands. We may be at point 0 of 100, but our Heavenly Father is always at 100. When we rely on Him and put forth our best effort, we are immediately at 100 as well because 0+100=100! Only through Him are we capable!

Our couple Pamela and Rafael are doing great. They talked about how much better their week went after going to church. They have officially commited to being married legally so they can be baptized! We will go with them to the place tomorrow with a member to mark a date for their marriage. Now we just have to hope for an available date as soon as possible. They truly are a special family I feel like I was sent here for. Praying to find more elites like them this week. 

So as y'all know yesterday was one of the happiest days of the year for a missionary! I got to talk with my amazing mother and my family and it was so great. I miss and love them so much, but know I have a work to do here still and they are my greatest support in that. Don't know how I could do it without them!

Thinking of you all!
Elder G

pics- skype
and i guess 6:30am every day isnt so bad after all




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!