Reactivated after 20 Years!



Well the sad news from this week was that Gabriel's mom didnt allow his baptism for this week. She said she fully supports him finding his path in this life, but just wants him to go to church a few more times. Its difficult because she is Espírito and has a totallllly different set of beliefs. She said here in about a month everything should be fine. It was a little bit of a bummer but I trust in the Lord's timing! I should still be here still to have the opportunity to baptize him. Good news is that Marcia came to church! A couple weeks ago, we were walking in the street and I had a really strong impression to talk to this woman. She told us that she was baptized in our church in 1997, but only stayed active only a few months before getting caught up in the wrong world. She told us that she would walk to the other side of the street to avoid the missionaries many times so im so glad I chose to talk to her that day. After 20 years, we brought her and her little girl back to church for the first time this week! It was really great for her and she is super excited to continue on this path. 

Other good news is we found a FAMILY! It is a family of 6 with Pamela and Rafael as the parents. They live in very humble circumstances but have such a love for their family. The husband talked about how he wanted to live with his family forever and we were able to explain to him how that is possible thanks to the Plan of Salvation. They loved to hear about that and its so awesome the couple has such a love for each other and a happiness for life even in difficult times. We will hopefully work on marrying them legally here in the next couple weeks. 

"Com o seu poder e no seu amor nos encontraremos em Jesus"!

I love this mission. I love this gospel. I love the opportunities I'm having each day even when difficulties are thrown at me. 

Love y'all. Happy BYU summer!
Elder G

pics- You'd almost think im in Texas with the creek and horses!
Pics from a nearby area when we did Division
only got blurry pics from the mall today
a kid on the bus wanted to take a pic with "Neymar" from Germany. I swear im German to everyone here...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!