Eating Like a King

To start off, this week we received money for lunch one day and finally got to try out the first Pizza buffet I've seen here. Its pretty nice and the pizza was sooo good. Then at the end they brought out chocolate pizza with strawberries...😛 The next day a family in our ward prepared a BBQ for us! Different than my Texas BBQ but still very good. Im so grateful for the members here in Brazil that take such good care of missionaries.

So in respect to the work, this week was a tough one. I heard lots of "no's". I was on my knees a lot this week searching for ways I could improve our work. I know its how we respond to our trials that really matters. I have seen in so many ways why this mission is perfect for me. I always have something to learn or someone to talk to here. The bright spot of our week was marking a baptismal date with Gabriel for this weekend! We found him at such a great time when he was already looking for something that we could bring to him. 

I wanted to share something from the account of Olivery Cowdery at the end of the Pearl of Great Price. (He was one of first members of the church that helped in the translation of the Book of Mormon.) He said...

"...and while all men were resting upon uncertainty, as a general mass, our eyes beheld, our ears heard, as in the 'blaze of day'...Where was room for doubt? Nowhere; uncertainty had fled, doubt had sunk no more to rise, while fiction and deception had fled forever!" I challenge you guys to search Jesus Christ in your lives and find this "loss of doubt" that He lives and guides His church today. 

Funniest thing from this week: So the member who prepared the BBQ for us told me that I looked like the actor Alexander Ludwig. As a joke, he sent in the big group message of the whole ward that they had a famous Elder in their ward with a picture of him. A lady in the ward came up to me on sunday and got mad at me that I hid from her that I was famous...Hahah she actually believed it and i started laughing so hard. I think Brazilians just see me with blonde hair and that is enough to look similar to him😂

Boa semana!
Elder G

pics- pizzaaaa
us with a member and Gabriel in the middle
Me with my mans Helamã and his friend Poly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!