Be Ye Therefore Perfect
This week we had a zone conference and I loved the training that Sister Ribeiro (mish presidents wife) gave. She read the scripture in Matthew 5:48 that says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." I love the way she talked about perfection on the mission. Our perfection will never come all at once, but with small steps every day, we can get to places unimaginable before! I've taken her challenge to find little things to focus on as a person and as a missionary that I can improve. I know that with consistency, the Lord will help fight our battles and help us improve every day. She said that our Heavenly Father has high expectations of us and would never give us a commandment without providing a path to fulfill that commandent!
So our main investigator Gabriel wasn't baptized this week. He honestly told us with sadness that he had to go to a wedding over the weekend. But everything seems to be good for this sunday. He said an awesome prayer about how happy he was being lead on this right path! We were able to mark 2 more baptismal dates this week, but didnt have success in bringing many people to church. Its definitely been two of my tougher weeks in respect to the work here. But I know that the Lord is preparing miracles and with time we will see what who we are meant to help here. I know the Lord is always looking after me in this work! One morning I was feeling a little discouraged about the work and I read that morning somewhere in Alma (can't even remember where) to be patient in the work and to take your time with the people and success will come.
So this week we are walking to an appointment and I start hearing a country song (first time ever here)!! We talked to a man who was walking out of the backyard with the country music and he told us to enter. We went in and talked to everyone and when I said I was from Texas they all thought it was so cool! Turns out it was a rodeo group here in Sorocaba that meets up every couple weeks hahah. They thanked us for the work we are doing here in Brazil, and I got to hear some Kenny Chesney and Carrie Underwood.....!!
Love you all. Praying for you all!
Elder G
pics- free food
Two of my buds Robinson and Castro (como tú te llamas
) that are headed home this transfer
Brazilian cowboys
Comments
Post a Comment