Ari's Baptism

Nothing but good news this week!
First, I have been called to be a trainer in the mission for one of the new guys that is just entering the mission field. Im super humbled by the opportunity that i definitely was not expecting. But im very excited to have a big effect on the mission of this Elder. I wont know who he is until tomorrow but i think the mission facebook page will post the videos of the reactions and pictures and im sure my mom will repost. Ill also stay here in Jardim Simus!

The other great news is the baptism of Ari this week. From an outside view I've been able to see The Lord giving Ari many trials for a while now. The company he works for owes him lots of money and he was hospitalized last week with a heart problem. We went to visit him this week and made it clear that we wanted whats best for him because tomorrow is never guaranteed. He told us the desire he had to be baptized and thats why he quit smoking. He was almost forced to live on the street and told us that he didn't have any money to buy cigarettes even if he wanted to. I told him that the Lord places these trials in our lives so that we can learn and realize the things we need to be doing better and on Saturday he took that step of baptism! Truly a story I wont forget for the rest of my life. 

Lastly, what a general conference that was! I love the messages the church is displaying for me specifically and for the church as a whole here in Brazil. BTW, BRAZIL IS IN THE APOSTLESHIP. Hahah the whole church silently went crazy when they heard the news. My companion said it was almost like Brazil scored a goal in the World Cup haha. Congrats to Elder Soares from here in São Paulo! I love seeing the church strengthen here in Brazil. I love that we have a living prophet who preaches that we can each receive personal revelation for our lives. I have seen it both in spiritual/mission things as well as for normal life things how willing the Lord is to be a guide in our lives. I also love how President Nelson humbled himself very early in his message and said that Jesus Christ truly is the head of this church, not him. It's crazy to me to think that the Lord is at the point of all this and how tuned in our Prophet is. 

I am feeling a happiness that is truly hard to describe here. And what makes me even happier is that all my friends are out on missions having the times of their lives also. Its such a motivation to see that and know that we are in this work together all over the world. 


Love you all!
Elder G

pics- we found a rodeo shop in our area hahahaha I found FREAKIN TEXAS FLAG BOOTS like my ones at home
Ari's baptism!
Got to relax and watch conference in English with my boy Millerzão
Lol Fubéca is a word for like a "bad mormon" and its a running joke here. One of the recent converts in our ward put this sticker in his car...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!