Yakisoba in Brazil

This week was a week of good food (one of the families took us to Burger King) and much learning! We faced some challenges finding new investigators, but its been cool being more creative out here in the interior to find new people to teach. We planned to baptize Ari yesterday, but he was still smoking when we went to visit him. He has shown tons of progress but needs to make that final step to stop. We will work with him more this week to help show him how much the step of baptism would help him. 

This week we had a cool experience with one of my companions recent converts. She was having lots of doubts, and even one that we struggled to answer a little. We gave her our best answer but told her we would continue to help her. At home, with only a few minutes of study we encountered the right response and were able to share it with her. As a missionary, you almost feel like you can be attacked at times by doubts of others, but in this time I've had here, I've learned that there is not one doubt that a person could have that doesn't have an answer. This gospel is bulletproof and I'm thankful for all the people that helped restore its truth to the earth. This is a very humbling work, but I know that by setting our weaknesses in the hands of God, he will help make us strong. One thing I've seen the Lord help make a strength is my knowledge of the scriptures, it is awesome to see what I can learn in them every day!

The drunks here continue to give me a laugh here in Brazil...haha. This week we walked past a bar and a guy just screamed at us "JOSEPHHHH SMITHHHHH" lol. Sounds like he's already recieved the missionaries lessons a time or two...

Love this work. Love Brazil. Love each day I have to be a missionary. 
Love Y'sll!!
Elder G

pics- i included one of a few mess ups haha
evolution of a missionary


yakisoba even here in brazil!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!