LASAGNA!
Well I'll start by saying my new companion is pretty awesome. After learning to live with a tougher companion last transfer, I am glad to be with Alvarenga now. He is a cool guy from Manaus (the amazon) and although has just 3 months on the mission is such a good teacher! He teaches with lots of power and truly helps each person individually come closer to Christ. He told me that where he lives, if you want to travel its by boat through the rivers in the Amazon. I thought that was awesome! He said he took a 36 hour boat ride to visit his mom, lol.
Well I went from being in New York City to Prosper, Texas practically. The interior of our mission is much much different. There is no one on the street here! It is definitely a new challenge, but I am ready to be creative and find new ways to find people. Life is a little slower here and people give you more time so that has been cool. Its not as much of a concrete jungle here. We actually passed a real jungle on the bus here which was awesome. I'm so grateful for this experience to see a new part of the world and help people come to know Jesus Christ better.
So funny stuff from this week. We came out of a tough lunch on Saturday. Lasagna just is not that good here, its different and its like the one food I dont like. I told my comp that I had trouble eating it all. He told me he was really sorry and hit me with some bad news. So turns out him and his old companion here told the whole ward that their favorite food is LASAGNA! And then it gets worse....we get in the car with a member to eat lunch after church. The first words she says was "Well elder Alveranga, I made your favorite".....im screwed haha.
Also was hit on by another 70 year old woman. She told me I looked like a literal angel with my blonde hair and that I need to marry her grand daughter. We got outta there pretty quick haha.
I love you all. This week, I have felt an out pouring of support and love from everyone. Its so good to know the support team i have when i face hard times, even if thousands of miles away. I cant thank y'all enough, you are such great motivation!
Elder G
pics- hoping to be at this special families sealing in the temple in about a year!!
bus to Sorocaba with my boy Miller
my last companion aguiar
View from our new apt (4th floor, no elevator
)
this new fruit i found here called acerola, soooo good
my new comp alvarenga!!
Comments
Post a Comment