New Area! Sorocaba
So this week was transfers and lots changed! I will be transferred to an area called Jardim Simus. It is close to a big city called Sorocaba. I'll have to opportunity to be the senior companion with Elder Alvarenga. He is pretty new on the mission, just finished his training, and only has about 3 months here. Other than that I dont know too much about him. I'm humbled with the opportunity and am excited to work hard with him and help shape each other into the best missionaries we can be.
This week our 2 baptisms fell through because they had to travel to Riberão Preto for a family emergency. It was a little sad at first that I won't get that opportunity anymore, but I know God has a greater vision. Maybe they are needing an extra week of teaching. I know there is a reason for it all. But, I'm happy with what I will leave here with Elder Aguiar. At least 5 of our investigators will be baptized here in the next month or 2 here!!
My message this week is simple. Rely on Heavenly Father and His Plan. Like I said, he always has a greater vision than us and knows exactly what we need. We may know what we want, but he knows what we NEED. I've faced lots of challenges on the mission that I thought would bring me down and take a toll on me. But somehow every time, as I completely rely on my Heavenly Father, I feel I'm exactly where I need to be and I'm facing everything I need to to grow into the man I want to become. In the end, I'm so grateful for the trials and the opportunities to become a better missionary and person every day. Although I know my mission will probably end up affecting myself more than anyone else, I dont like to think about it like that. I like to think that me giving absolutely 110% to what I'm doing here will RESULT in me being changed for the better. Serving a mission was the best thing I could have done with my life and I'm so grateful for everything I've learned from it. I feel that now, not only am i giving 100% of my strength and my might to my mission, but also 100% of my heart and my mind. I'm excited to see how many people I can help on their journey back to our Heavenly Father, including myself.
I love you all dearly. Thank you for the love and support.
Elder G
Just one video this week sorry! Its about us missing the update on daylight savings time and waking up at 5:15am...
Comments
Post a Comment