Progress

We are halfway through the transfer here and working so hard. It feels good to get up every day and give 100% to the Lord. I know I wont have another chance to do this again. Im loving the hot, sweaty, long days that we have. There are times when it feels tough, but more times when I feel so extremely blessed and happy to be doing this. 

This week we continued working with Junior. He amazes me every day. Him and his girlfriend need to decide what they will do cause they are living together unmarried right now, so i dont know how it will all work out. It will probably take a little time whatever they decide, but im hoping i can come back to this area and get the opportunity to baptize him! 
We are still working with that big family too. They are all making progress towards baptism and are gathering documents together to be married! It broke my heart when the wife approached me after church this week telling me they need help with food. Its so sad cause I know how good of people they are and its hard to watch them struggle. As a missionary, im not really allowed to help, but our ward is putting together some help for them! We talked with them and I believe we will baptize their oldest son soon! He is excited to be an example for his family who will follow him being baptized once the parents are married. The other two kids are under 8 years old so they wont be baptized yet. 

Once again we had lots of investigators in church this week. We are doing super well with that. The ward honestly just seems super big now with all our investigators there. We are working with a few others to be baptized soon since our main investigators need to marry first. But I've continued to feel so happy here. I know the best way to find happiness and peace right now is to give everything i have to/focus on this work

Funniest things from this week: an 80 year old woman sincerely flirted with me cause she wanted to go to the US (I know i havent seen the end of that here)
The ugliest little dog ive ever seen tried to bite me twice (ok that was actually kinda scary)
At lunch one day this 8 year old boy was complaining wanting desert. The mom said " No wait until we are done with lunch, do you think you are beautiful or something?" He replied with "Well, I think I am..." haha. 

I love you all, boa semana para voces!

Elder G

pics- soooo aguas claras
a church in our area
a lady who has been to america a few times made me pancakes filled with chocolate oh my goodness😋
Junior my dude!!
the other two kids of that family. The little girl is my favorite and the cutest and sweetest thing ever. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!