New year in Brazil

This week started with interviews with the mission president! Everything went good with him, and now that my Portuguese is improving so much we are really creating a good relationship i think. Everyone who i hadn't seen in a few weeks commented on how much better I am talking. My companion even told me that the Mission President said something in their interview together. Its definitely a confidence builder to be at this point that I've been trying to get to for a while. I contacted a lot this week knocking doors and out on the street. I feel much more comfortable doing it now and its just a happy feeling being able to talk with everyone about the gospel in a completely different language! 

We have continued teaching Rafaela (the pregnant lady) who we have been working with for a while. It is Elder Lima da Silva's last week on the mission and he challenged her to pray and think about baptism again. She seems to be understanding the gospel a lot better at this point. I think my companion would like to baptize her in his last week here, but he said as long as I send him a picture of it if its after he leaves, he'll be all good. Elaine (our last baptism) is staying super strong. She kinda explained to us a lot of the family struggles she is going through right now. I know she's struggling a lot right now, but she told us that she has already felt extremely blessed and happy to have the gospel in her life just this short time and its definitely made an impact. To hear that is definitely a happiness that every missionary looks for!!

So this week some guy drove past us super slow in the street and just said "Volta para seu país, Americano" (go back to your country, american) hahaha me and my comp were laughing pretty hard. I think it was more of a joke than anything cause most of the people love me here but it was just funny.

Love you all! Happy 2018!
Elder G

pics- we barely caught it but the onibus in sao paulo are definitely in the christmas spirit
we found a cool street while it was raining


they sell kebabs everywhere for cheap here and they are realllly good




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!