ZL Comes with Privileges:)

Another week down in the MTC! This week we got 25 new Portuguese missionaries in our zone. It is awesome being able to be an example to them and show them how hard and joyful the work here is. Being a zone leader I get to talk to each of them and help them with whatever they struggle with, and in return I learn so much from them. Other responsibilities of a zone leader is having a brick phone from 2005. So I've pretty much mastered the flip phone for the second time in my life now. JK its got a total of one function on the whole phone. So I can press the number 2 and call and get a hold of the information desk at the MTC....so much power I know(: My iphone 10 when I get home is now gonna seem even better!

Ok so general conference was this weekend and it was so awesome! Very spiritually uplifting to be able to listen to those who are so in tune with Heavenly Father and the Spirit. I loved Jeffrey R. Hollands talk about the Atonement and how we are indebted to Jesus Christ for the sacrifice he made for us. He is such a strong speaker. I also loved Ronald A. Rasband's talk about God's divine design for us in this life. And not only is He there for the big milestones/decisions in our life, but also every little one of every day. And I was so HAPPY when I heard W. Craig Zwick talk about the story of Beau Richey that I mentioned a few weeks ago in my email about making Christ the center of our lives at all times. I'm so glad knowing his story is being shared world wide. It was also sweet to hear from some Brazilians and especially Elder Parrella who I talked to for a while last week. He had such a strong testimony of the Restoration that I loved. 

Ok so I really can't figure out the food here at the MTC. It's definitely inconsistent, so I never know what I'll end up with. Good thing is I can always count on PIZZA SEXTA-FEIRA (pizza friday) and catering night on monday. I realize I'm probably being picky considering I'll be in the slums of Brazil in 2 weeks, but I've also heard awesome things about Brazilian food too! I hit my month mark on friday and also should be getting my travel plans for my flights to Brazil! Super exciting times!

Another thing that is cool about the MTC is exercise time. I get like an hour almost every day. The best part is I get to play basketball all the time!! Still definitely got it so BYU bball better watch out when I get back(; No dunking so thats a bummer, but I'm gonna become homies with the workers so they let me on my last day. 

Love you all so much! Thank you for the letters and packages that I get! They make me feel like a celebrity and its good to know I am surrounded by such an awesome group of friends and family at home. 

PICS- the picture my mom has wanted for weeks, the Brasileiro Bros, I got to see sam at the temple this morning! (it was awesome), and then another district picture!

I promise my pictures will be more interesting when I get to Brazil and am in the field lol.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!