One More Week Until Brazil!

I seriously cannot believe that I have one week left in the MTC. I got my visa this week and received travel plans to get to Sao Paulo. I leave a week from today in the morning and fly to Atlanta. Then I have around a 3 hour layover and take an overnight flight to Sao Paulo and arrive early Tuesday morning. I'm definitely a little nervous and scared for what is to come, but overwhelmingly excited to finally get down there and be in my mission. The Portuguese is coming, but I know obviously my first couple transfers will be tough with the language. I have been studying the language and my scriptures superrrrr hard this week just trying to prepare myself. I know if I do my best and put my faith in the Lord, I'll be blessed with whatever I face. 

Funny Story of the week: So during class this week I saw a ring on one of my teachers fingers, Irmao Lynn. I hadnt realized he had been married before and asked him about her. I asked him (in Portuguese) if he knew his wife before his mission. I used the verb "saber" and both the teachers in the room just started laughing. He quickly said "noooooo," and I realized soon after that of course they took it in the biblical way "to know" a woman (which isn't even what saber would mean, its just not the right verb to use in that situation). They said I better just use the verb "conhecer" which is more to be familiar with someone, when I'm asking something like that again. Haha so that was the first of many embarrassing things I will say in Portuguese on accident. Brazil should be interesting....lol

One cool thought I heard this week was that God can have anything in the world he wants, but the only thing he can't have is our agency. If we truly want to show our love for God, the best thing we can do is give our agency to him, follow him, and choose the right. And one of the best ways to do that is by serving those around you. Every time I'm sad or find myself thinking inward, I try my best to turn outward as Christ would and serve others. I have learned how much happiness that can truly bring me and help me. 

Shoutout to my mom and dad on their 25th anniversary this week! I'm so grateful for their love and support and what examples they have been to me in their marriage. Also Birthday shoutouts to my brother Sam and best bud Parker Opfar!

My Pday next week is saturday the 14th, since I leave on Monday, so I'll email again then from around 6-9pm! Love you guys!
Elder G

Pics- "Go ye therefore...", Utah Lake Sunset, Had to take a pic with the phone (my two good friends Elder Melton and Elder Kendall), Last time at the Provo Temple, We taught a real Brazilian investigator of our church this week!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!