Next Stop... Brazil!
Wow I actually leave for Brazil monday morning! There has been a lot of build up but it is finally here. I have loved the MTC and the many experiences it has given me. I've learned and grown in so many ways. I definitely feel like I could use another week or two practicing the language, but obviously I can't expect to be any sort of expert after 6 weeks. Can't wait to find out about my first area and companion!
I had the awesome thought this week of how simple what I am doing is. Our church's message is so straightforward. Come unto Christ. Have faith in Him and pray and read with real intent, and you can have the immense happiness the gospel brings people. I didn't come here to learn the secrets or the "tricks" of missionary work. I know if I work hard and rely on Heavenly Father, he will work through me to get to the people of Brazil.
Ok so my pics are of Irmao Regehr and Irmao Nickell. These guys have seriously been heroes for me. They both served in Brazil and tell me about their missions and how much they loved it. They have strengthened my testimony so much and they have made me so excited to have similar experiences coming up.
Also another one of the boys on Pizza Sexta-Feira. Can't wait to send pics of Brazil next week!
BTW seriously go listen to this song! Not being able to listen to worldly music sometimes is rough, but we found this song on lds.org and for real it is soooo good. This family could be famous. The guy at 2:10 is incredible. Plus, its a remix type thing to my favorite hymn "I Need Thee Every Hour."



Comments
Post a Comment