Week 3 - Laundry Pranks in the MTC

Another week here in Provo! Dang it is already cold here. There is snow just a couple hundred feet up on the mountains! Ready to cruise into Summer in Brazil soon. So no Visa this week. I was a little upset at first, but honestly I'm liking it here and gonna enjoy the good ole USA while I have it. I also was given the opportunity this week to be the zone leader. Its kind of a leadership role over all the people in this MTC speaking Portuguese. There are about 30 missionaries in our zone. I'm super excited for the opportunity to lead by example. I know God wanted me to stay in Provo and learn something from this experience before I head to Brazil. I know He does and always has a plan for me in my life.

This week me and my companion had the awesome opportunity to talk to someone who will speak in General Conference this weekend! His name is Elder Parrella and I believe he is speaking Sunday afternoon. His house is in my mission in Sao Paulo and he came to watch one of our Portuguese classes. He then just wanted to talk to us for like an hour. It was awesome! I asked him all about Brazil and the food, people, and church there. It was a very cool experience and I can't wait to hear him speak now.

A scripture I want to share this week is in Doctrine and Covenants Section 122 Verse 7. It says "...if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." I definitely don't feel like this in my life and I hope none of y'all do either, but it is very comforting to know that God puts us through trials for our benefit. The mission is going good right now, but I know it will not always be easy. I know that anything I face will be for my own good and for my own experience and I will grow so much from this opportunity. 

A funny story from the week is someone kept starting my laundry over and over again this morning so every time I would come back to move it to the dryer, it would have another 30 minutes on the timer!!! And the door is locked for good until the timer is out. I admit it was pretty funny, and it definitely took me like 3 hours to do my laundry, but i was a bit salty about being the butt of the joke. 

Pics are with my companion Elder Smith, our 3 new roommates, our small district, and some old friends from BYU!

I love you all and love to hear from you each week!
Elder G






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to and from President Ribeiro

Sao Paulo North about to get iPhones!

Taking cold showers in 50 degree weather!