A week of ups and downs
This week we definitely had some ups and downs. We had lots of struggles with our recent investigators which made the week a little tough. It was hard not to feel a little down, but we are always blessed with high points when we continue to trust in the Lord in these hard times. One of those high points was last night. We went to try out a new area and kind of just knocked doors the majority of the night. But the result was actually amazing. We ended up marking like 9 return visits just from one street! We found a lot of interesting people who were really interested in hearing about the restored gospel.
The other high point has been getting to know Luis. Luis is the dad of a recent convert here in our ward. His son is actually an amazing story who was taught by missionaries in the US actually, then returned home, was baptized here, and went back to study at BYU Idaho already. He is a stud from what I've heard. His dad has always accompanied him to church and has grown his own testimony during this time. We know he may be someone that takes a while, but would be someone seriously 100x worth it. He is such a strong, good guy and has already become a good friend. I know he struggles sometimes cause his wife doesnt have the same desire he has to go to church. But we have shown him how he can be an example for his wife. I'm hoping I can baptize him and help him do these most important covenants with God while I'm in this area.
I love this scripture! I know its a huge promise for those who are doing the Lords work. Im so lucky to be able to do this work. I feel privileged to represent Jesus Christ and His church for these short, fast 2 years.
Helaman 5:10
And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that aall things shall be bdone unto thee according to thy cword, for thou shalt dnot ask that which is contrary to my will.
I love you guys! Have a great week!
Elder Gurksnis
pics-
Uber sent me a text asking me if i was hungover...
and my desk and our hammock
Comments
Post a Comment