I love this mission and I love this work.
So the best news of this week was Tiago and Fabiola were baptized! The worst news was that sadly I wasn't there to see it./: But either way i could not be happier for them and their progress. They were the couple I found a few weeks ago during splits in another area. I think I already told the story, but it's so crazy I'm gonna tell it again. 10 days before we showed up Tiago left his job working in a bar because he saw the effect it was having on his family and he wanted to stop drinking. Then while at a job meeting at a bakery on the other side of the church, his wife Fabiola waited outside. She told me she saw the church's sign and thought to herself "I've already been in so many churches but never to the Church of Jesus Christ." She and her husband both became curious on the drive home as they were talking about it. 30 minutes later, out of all the houses in the city, we knocked on their door. The missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ. We taught them simply about gospel truths and they humbly accepted our message and the help to be baptized. I went to do their baptismal interviews on the day of the baptism and it was so great to talk to them again and imagine the success they will have as a family with their two kids. They provided me with one of the best experiences of my mission. Sadly that day literally poured all day and had lightning so it wasn't safe to go to the reservoir and do the baptism, but Saturday it worked out!
This week we also baptized a girl named Lillian in our area! Despite her difficulties and doubts we were able to help her understand that baptism really is the door we need to enter in in order to start the pathway towards eternal life. We brought Daniela to church this week who seems to be super special. She made great friends in our ward and always has the greatest questions for us. At church I was able to teach her about the importance of the sacrament to renew our baptismal covenants and be clean again.
The last thing I'll talk about this week was that Elder Mark Bassett from the 70 came to our mission tour. We spent Tuesday and Wednesday with him and he taught us so much. My favorite thing he talked about was sacrifice, something that I continually ponder on the mission. He told us that if we are not sacrificing here on the mission, we were missing the best opportunity of our lives to sacrifice. There is nothing better that getting motivated to give more of yourself, especially when you are doing the most important work on this planet. He talked a lot about the fruits of his mission and inspired me to look more for those people that will offer this fruit. I even talked about the accounting major at BYU with him cause that's what he did as well hahah
I love this mission and I loves this work. I know this church is true and want it's blessings for these people I'm serving.
Elder G
Ill get a pic of the baptism of Tiago and Fabiola next week!
Pics- our baptisms from these past weeks, a hugeeee chapel here so sick, and me and my comp are now rocking Lokai's

Comments
Post a Comment